There is a lot of talk on Facebook and various social media, as people gear up for the New Year, about planning their reading list for next year or to start reading more as a resolution. I read a lot, but a lot of it is recreational. There isn’t anything wrong with that, of course, but I think I would like to accomplish some more purposeful reading for the coming year. So, I am thinking about my own reading list.
I have been going through my kindle app, and my Amazon wishlist, and also culling recommendations from the various posts of my friends. I am a planner, and a list maker, but also very chaotic in practice. (ADHD strikes again!) So, I’m trying to figure out what it is that I want to accomplish, and how to best do so. (Maybe just read ALL of the gazillion books in my library?)
Do you have any reading goals for the New Year? Are they religious/study based? Recreational? What’s your favorite book to read and re-read? I have mentioned in the past, that I routinely reread both (Though, I’ll admit I didn’t a few months ago when I had planned to.) Book of Shadows: A Modern Woman’s Journey into the Wisdom of Witchcraft and the Magic of the Goddess by Phyllis Curott and The Firebrand by Marion Zimmer Bradley. And, in the process of looking those up for links (I tend to read kindle books, because I carry my devices everywhere, I can back them up on my computer, and I am less likely to lose them, though I do have a good physical library too. You do you.) I discovered that Phyllis W. Curott, J.D. H. Ps. has a new book out, Spells for Living Well: A Witch’s Guide for Manifesting Change, Well-being, and Wonder, so that will definitely be one of my purchases.
Hmm, a handful of other books on my reading list or re-read list this year include:
- The Scent of Lemon & Rosemary: Working Domestic Magick with Hestia by Raechel Henderson
- The Temple of Shamanic Witchcraft: Shadows, Spirits and the Healing Journey (Penczak Temple Book 3) by Christopher Penczak
- Mastering Magick: A Course in Spellcasting for the Psychic Witch by Mat Auryn
- Apprentice to Power: A Wiccan Odyssey to Spiritual Awakening by Timothy Roderick
- Jailbreaking the Goddess: A Radical Revisioning of Feminist Spirituality by Lasara Firefox Allen
- Dark Goddess Craft: A Journey through the Heart of Transformation by Stephanie Woodfield
- The Little Work: Magic to Transform Your Everyday Life by Durgadas Allon Duriel
- Mary K. Greer’s 21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card by Mary K. Greer
- Rachel Pollack’s Tarot Wisdom: Spiritual Teachings and Deeper Meanings by Rachel Pollack
- Utterly Wicked: Hexes, Curses, and Other Unsavory Notions by Dorothy Morrison